VHS brings together three partners combining expertises in History of Science, scientific illustration, Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Digital Humanities.
Digital Humanities team of the Institut des Sciences du Calcul et des Données (ISCD) at Sorbonne University
- Santiago Aragon (Sorbonne University), historian of science;
- Matthieu Cord (Sorbonne University, LIP6), Computer Science Researcher, specialist on image processing and Deep Learning methods;
- Alexandre Guilbaud (Sorbonne University, Institut de mathématiques de Jussieu-Paris Rive Gauche), scientific coordinator of the project, specialist in History of mathematical sciences and Digital Humanities;
- Thierry Joffredo (Institut de mathématiques de Jussieu-Paris Rive Gauche), historian of mathematics;
- Jeff Loveland (Univ. of Cincinnati), historian of science, specialist in Natural History in the 18th century;
- Edouard Oyallon (CNRS, LIP6, Sorbonne University), Computer Science Researcher, specialist in the theoretical foundations of Deep Learning methods;
- Irène Passeron (CNRS, Institut de mathématiques de Jussieu-Paris Rive Gauche), Historian of mathematical Sciences, director of the D’Alembert Group;
- Stéphane Schmitt (CNRS, Archives Henri Poincaré), Historian of Science, specialist in in natural history in the 18th century, editor of the complete works of Buffon.
“Monde byzantin” team of the Orient & Méditerranée laboratory (UMR 8167)
- Fabio Acerbi (CNRS), specialist in mathematical sciences in Byzantine manuscripts;
- Fouad Aouinti (post-doctoral fellow), specialist in image processing;
- Robert Alessi (CNRS), specialist in Greek scientific manuscripts;
- Isabelle Draelants (CNRS, IRHT), specialist in medieval and early modern science, especially latin Zoology;
- Stavros Lazaris (CNRS), leader of the partner, specialist in scientific illustration (especially zoology) in Byzantium;
- Thomas Salmon (PhD student), specialist in military illustration;
- Iolanda Ventura (Univ. di Bologna), specialist in Latin Pharmacology;
- Arnaud Zucker (Univ. of Nice), specialist in Greek zoological texts.
“Imagine” team of the Laboratoire d’Informatique Gaspard Monge (LIGM) at École des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC)
- Mathieu Aubry (ENPC), leader of the partner, coordinator of the ANR JCJC EnHerit project, specialist in Computer Vision and Machine Learning, co-organizer of PSL’s Digital Humanities and Artificial Intelligence seminar (https://dhai-seminar.github.io/);
- Nicolas Gonthier (ENPC, PostDoc), specialist in deep learning and image processing for digital art history;
- David Picard (ENPC), specialist in Computer Vision and Automatic Learning;
- Renaud Marlet (ENPC)